TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Raymond Ronamai
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Aishwarya Rai (now Aishwarya Bachchan) is one of the most popular heroines in Indian cinema. She is a global face and is considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the world. Filmmakers and actors alike were making a beeline to cast her in their films not long ago but the story seems to have changed of late. Now, the news is spreading like wildfire that leading actors are not in the mood to act with her.
Ash's marriage with actor Abhishek Bachchan seems to have shoved away the actors. Her fans may be still thirsting to see her on the big screens but not Bollywood heroes. It is said that most of the leading actors including the Khans are not willing to cast her in their films. With the exception of her hubby Abhishek Bachchan and perhaps Akshay Kumar, Bollywood heroes seem to have lost interest in her.
It looks like Ash has no other way but to quit films unless her father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan acts with her in films that are based on 'old man' - 'young woman' relationship. She has expressed her willingness to continue acting but the cruel fact is - Indian filmmakers are harsh to married women. For instance, even an established heroine like Madhuri Dixit is finding hard to make a comeback as heroine with the exception of Kajol, who struck back with Fanaa.
Considering these aspects, it looks the beginning of the end has come for Aishwarya Bachchan.