TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Abid, Glamsham
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Here is something interesting about the get-up in which Deepika Padukone, the leading lady of Farah Khan's upcoming Om Shanti Om will be
seen in the much awaited movie.
As per Farah, she choose Deepika because she found her looks and body structure quite similar to the heroines of the 70's, an essential requirement
of the first half of Om Shanti Om. Farah adds that Deepika has also been given the Humjoli ( 1970) look of Leena Chandavarkar.
We cannot but agree with Farah because its obvious from the stills of Om Shanti Om, that the badminton racket, Shahrukh's white shoe
'Jumping Jack' (Jeetendra) appearance and also Deepika's uncanny resemblance to Leena, look straight out of the 'Dhal Gaya Din' Humjoli song!
For those who do not know, Leena Chandavarkar is one of the leading names of the psychedellic 70's. She later went on to marry the late Kishore Kumar in 1980. Sarfarosh (1985) with Jeetendra is one of her last appearances.