TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Hanuman Returns, the sequel of the animated film, Hanuman has backed out from its Diwali release. The reason apparently for this is said to be the lack of buyers.
When asked Percept CEO, Mr. Preet Bedi as to why the release date was shifted he mentioned that they wanted to avoid the competition from the biggies. “Hanuman Returns is a different film and we did not want it to get caught between the fights of big films like Saawariya and Om Shanti Om. However, we always wanted its release during holiday time so, Christmas would be an apt time for its release now since we couldn"t make it on Diwali" says Bedi.
Then what about the buzz that Hanuman Returnsis not getting any buyers? “As of now, we have not come in the market to sell it. The film Hanuman Returns is a stunning product and so, we don"t want to sell it in a rush. We would be organizing its first look in the first week of November. Thereafter, we will opt for the best distributors who will come our way" explains Bedi. But then the look of the film was revealed months ago and also the publicity brochures of the film were given out.
Hanuman Returns is directed by V G Samant under the banner of Percept Picture Company. The film will now release on December 28.