TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is What The Supreme Court Had To Say About The Rafale Deal — 12 Points
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 1 — Live Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Old Debit/ATM/Credit Cards To Become Invalid From 31 December
- Delivery Boy Eats Food Before Delivering It [Video]
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Friday, September 28, 2007
In this era of cut-throat competition it's always heartening to see industry folk appreciating each other's product even if they aren't associated with them.
Even though Pritam&Sandesh Shandilya has composed the soundtrack of the forthcoming Shahid Kapoor - Kareena Kapoor romantic comedy, Jab We Met, Himesh Reshammiya hasn't stopped singing praises of the film. This was evident in a recent episode of Sa Re Ga Ma as well when he invited the film's director Imtiaz Ali on the show and implored all his fans to watch the film when it releases worldwide on October 26.
According to sources, after Imtiaz finished writing the story, he met Himesh through a common friend and narrated the idea to him. Himesh loved it and has been talking about it to people ever since.
When contacted, Imtiaz Ali revealed, "Himesh has been a great well-wisher and we vibe very well. It's true that he has been very supportive of the project and pushed me into making it because he believed in the subject. He loved the young, energetic and warm feel to the story of Jab We Met and felt that Shahid would be the ideal choice for the lead. I met Shahid through his friend. He took to the script immediately and gave his approval after which Kareena was given a narration. The two have absolutely brilliant chemistry in the film. They look fantastic. You have to watch them to believe what I'm saying. I don't think I could have asked for a better Aditya and Geet for Jab We Met."
Jab We Met is being released overseas by Studio 18.