- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Imtiaz Ali: Some Actors Are Trying To Go Through A Heartbreak To Become Better Actors
- Laila Majnu Trailer: Imtiaz Ali Gives His Own Twist To This Classic Love Story!
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Imtiaz Ali Keen To Cast Varun Dhawan In His Next After His Film With Shahid Kapoor Fails To Happen?
Friday, September 28, 2007
In this era of cut-throat competition it's always heartening to see industry folk appreciating each other's product even if they aren't associated with them.
Even though Pritam&Sandesh Shandilya has composed the soundtrack of the forthcoming Shahid Kapoor - Kareena Kapoor romantic comedy, Jab We Met, Himesh Reshammiya hasn't stopped singing praises of the film. This was evident in a recent episode of Sa Re Ga Ma as well when he invited the film's director Imtiaz Ali on the show and implored all his fans to watch the film when it releases worldwide on October 26.
According to sources, after Imtiaz finished writing the story, he met Himesh through a common friend and narrated the idea to him. Himesh loved it and has been talking about it to people ever since.
When contacted, Imtiaz Ali revealed, "Himesh has been a great well-wisher and we vibe very well. It's true that he has been very supportive of the project and pushed me into making it because he believed in the subject. He loved the young, energetic and warm feel to the story of Jab We Met and felt that Shahid would be the ideal choice for the lead. I met Shahid through his friend. He took to the script immediately and gave his approval after which Kareena was given a narration. The two have absolutely brilliant chemistry in the film. They look fantastic. You have to watch them to believe what I'm saying. I don't think I could have asked for a better Aditya and Geet for Jab We Met."
Jab We Met is being released overseas by Studio 18.