TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Sunil Noronha
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Not to be seen around much these days is actress Manisha Koirala. Her last venture onscreen was Anwar, which was released in 2006. But not for long or so it seems. Apparently she is taking a break until she comes back to films - but this time she wont act. She is on the way to take over film production next. And she just might direct a film herself too.
With a fairly successful career behind her, she deserves a break. A common step for actors to take after they fizzle out is to go into politics. On the list is Hema Malini, Jayapradha and Govinda among many others. But wait a minute...isn't Manisha the daughter of the former prime minister of Nepal. So you may say that politics is pretty much an open door already for her. Well she says "lets see" to that. You never know the most unexpected actor would be up there canvassing for a seat in Parliament.
With all this producer talk, are we going to see her on the screen actually acting? She does agree that she has a lot more that she can do with her acting abilities but that's again a "lets see". In the same ranks is actress Monica Bedi. The former girlfriend of gangster Abu Salem - she has announced that she will mark her comeback with a film based on her experiences in jail.
The actress bagged many of her roles before her arrest due to her gangster boyfriends, a major exponent of the nexus between the Bollywood and mafia. She made her debut in Taj Mahal. Some of her more successful movies are Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat, Jodi No.1, Jaanam Samjha Karo, Kaala Samrajya, Tirchhi Topiwale, Zanjeer, Ek Phool Teen Kante, Khilona, Aashiq Mastana and Surakshaa.