TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- How To Use Essential Oils For Skin Care?
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
By: Abid, Glamsham
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
A lot of ground work had to be done for Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om, before the film actually went on the floors.
In fact, for an important scene/song of the film, the first half of which is based in the psychedelic 70's, Farah wanted a particular vintage car. As per Farah herself, she was looking for the Mercedes that was actually used by Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna and the then 'dream girl', Hema Malini, for one of their super hit films.
After lot difficulties, the current owner of the flaming red Mercedes was located and it took quite a bit of persuasion to convince the possessive owner to let the vintage car be used for the film. A lot of yesteryear equipments (lying unattended in R K Studios), were also hired and the scene was canned, with a complete feel of the 70's trend.
Well, we can tell Farah that her efforts are being appreciated in the promos of the 'Agar Main Kahoon' song, and the real beauty, the Merc, stands out, as King Khan opens the door for his 'dreamy girl' Deepika !