- 20 Years Of Dil Se: Preity Zinta & Manisha Koirala Get Nostalgic!
- Kerala Floods: Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan & Big B Urge Fans To Donate For A Cause
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Shahrukh Khan, Rekha, SLB, Manish Malhotra & Others Attend Manisha Koirala's Birthday Bash! Pictures
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Demise: Shahrukh Khan Reminisces How He Used To Discuss Ailing Knees With Him
- When Atal Bihari Vajpayee Teamed Up With Shahrukh Khan & Yash Chopra For A Music Video
By: Abid, Glamsham
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
A lot of ground work had to be done for Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om, before the film actually went on the floors.
In fact, for an important scene/song of the film, the first half of which is based in the psychedelic 70's, Farah wanted a particular vintage car. As per Farah herself, she was looking for the Mercedes that was actually used by Bollywood's first superstar Rajesh Khanna and the then 'dream girl', Hema Malini, for one of their super hit films.
After lot difficulties, the current owner of the flaming red Mercedes was located and it took quite a bit of persuasion to convince the possessive owner to let the vintage car be used for the film. A lot of yesteryear equipments (lying unattended in R K Studios), were also hired and the scene was canned, with a complete feel of the 70's trend.
Well, we can tell Farah that her efforts are being appreciated in the promos of the 'Agar Main Kahoon' song, and the real beauty, the Merc, stands out, as King Khan opens the door for his 'dreamy girl' Deepika !