- Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju Wins 4 Awards At The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne!
- Alia Bhatt Reacts To Her FALL-OUT With Katrina Kaif & Why Kat STOPPED Liking Her Pics On Instagram!
- Ayan Mukerji Birthday Special: 5 Times He Gave Us Solid Friendship Goals With Ranbir Kapoor
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanju: If We Had To Whitewash Anyone, We Would Have Made Sanjay Mahatma Gandhi
- Ranbir Kapoor Gives An Example Of Salman Khan As He Talks About Delivering Flop Films Continuously!
- Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor To Star In Life In A Metro 2?
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Ranbir Kapoor's female fans are in for a disappointment. The towel in his much-celebrated 'Jab se tere naina" number stays in place. The shot of the towel dropping has been deleted by the censor board.
According to the team that accompanied director Sanjay Leela Bhansali to the censoring the director was offered the choice of keeping the nude shot with an Adults certificate. But the filmmaker didn't want to lose an extremely large crucial portion of the potential audience for one shot.
"In fact several members of the censor board who loved the film suggested I take the cut and go with the 'U' certificate. Though in principle I'm against any cuts beyond my creativity this one time I agreed. The shot doesn't really make any difference to the flow of my story," says Sanjay.
With the censor certificate, the film is all set for release on November 9. Sony Pictures seems pleased enough with Saawariya to offer Sanjay Leela Bhansali yet another film. Says the Sony CEO, Uday Singh, "Saawariya is an extremely high-calibre product. We'd love to have him make another film for us. We can only hope that his experience with us has been as fruitful as our experience of working with him. And that he'd take up our offer of making another film for us."