TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
By: Raymond Ronamai
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Young actor Ranbir Kapoor's journey into films is a sort of melodrama. He was pitted against Shahrukh Khan in his very first outing. His film Saawariya managed to do well in spite of the Shahrukh's Om Shanti Om releasing on the same day. Now, he is all set to step into King Khan's shoes.
Sources said that director Raju Hirani has signed Ranbir for his next film after Shahrukh opted out of the film due to differences with producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra. It is said that Hirani approached Hrithik Roshan and Abhishek Bachchan for the role but they couldn't take it up due to other commitments. However, he decided to cast Ranbir after seeing him in Saawariya promos and he even spoke to Sanjay Leela Bhansali to enquire about him.
Sources said that everything has been finalised but Ranbir's father Rishi Kapoor denied the news.