- Sanjay Leela Bhansali Confirms That No Gangster Drama Is Happening With Priyanka Chopra!
- Ranbir Kapoor Went BANKRUPT After Jagga Jasoos's Failure; Reveals How Bhansali Almost BROKE His Back
- Did Sanjay Leela Bhansali Drop The Idea Of Working With Salman Khan? We're As Confused As You Are!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali DYING To Cast Salman Khan In His Next Film? The Director Drops MAJOR HINTS
- BREAKING! Salman Khan To Star In A Sanjay Leela Bhansali Film?
- Not Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra Was Supposed To Play The Female Lead In Ram Leela?
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Sanjay Leela Bhansali has said that the media has been unfair to 'Saawariya' by being too critical of it. When Bollywood's best known publicist Dale Bhagwagar was asked about his comments on the Saawariya debacle, he pointed out that the fourth estate indeed had the most influential part to play. "It is a fact that the media played the biggest spoilsport in the entire Saawariya fiasco," said the PR guru.
Dale further analyzed, "Due to various reasons, many in the media have had a certain impression of SLB from a long time. Topics like 'his attitude' and 'favouritism' have often been discussed in media circles. Adding fury to fire, immediately after critical reviews of the film, SLB's PR machinery started working overtime with an outrageous in-your-face strategy."
It can be recalled that after being slammed for the film, Bhansali had made statements like "Saawariya is the biggest hit of my career so far" and "Media manipulation won't kill my film". So was the director ill-advised? "There is a high probability that people around him, misguided him. And he might have got carried away. His post-release statements in the media only added to the media's discomfort and the Press emerged with stronger criticism for the film," the publicist comments.
It's so true! Unfavourable follow-up reports added to the dismal state. By the end, it has turned out to be a heavy price to pay, for both Bhansali and the film.