- Oo La La! Ram Kapoor & Sakshi Tanwar To Share A Passionate Kiss AGAIN In Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat 2!
- Bigg Boss 11: From Throwing Tantrums To Calling Shilpa A Call Girl, Hina Khan Clarifies The Rumours!
- Bigg Boss 11: Sakshi Tanwar’s FAKE Article On Hina Khan Goes Viral; Karan Patel Takes A Dig At Hina!
- Bigg Boss 11: Why Is Everyone Lashing Out At Hina Khan?
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Khan’s Comment On Sakshi Tanwar Leaves Gauhar, Kishwer & Kamya Fuming!
- Ekta Kapoor Spotted With Her Favourite Bahus – Smriti Irani & Sakshi Tanwar
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Ekta Kapoor's television awards ceremony to be held in December in the UAE is growing bigger by the day.
The latest news on that front is either Salman or Shahrukh Khan is going to perform at the function. And one of them will be dancing on stage with 'Tulsi' Gautami Gadgil or 'Parvati' Sakshi Tanwar.
Says Balaji"s Business Head, Harsha Chugh Khanna, "Right from the start Ekta was sure of one thing, her television awards will be as big as the film awards. To that extent, she has been working towards getting the biggest of Bollywood stars to perform at her awards. However there's only one pre-condition. Each of these Bollywood icons has to be in some way associated with television."
So is it Shahrukh or Salman for the main performance? "We're currently in negotiation with Shahrukh and hopeful that he'll agree. He's a source of inspiration not only in cinema but also on television. If you recall he started his career on television with Fauji and recently made a spectacular impact on Kaun Banega Crorepati. So it would be wonderful to have him perform," says Harsha.
Ekta's buddy Karan Johar will be facilitated at her awards named Balaji Global Indian Tv Honours 2007. Karan will also host a segment of the awards. Adds Ekta, "When I decided to have the awards I wanted television to get the recognition it deserves. Today I feel apart from a few filmmakers television is able to deliver more glamour grandeur and density than the average 'multiplex' film. The home medium has certainly come a long way. And that's what we'll be celebrating at our awards."