TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Shilpa Shetty seems to raise her popularity whenever she is in Europe. She has been the most covered Indian celebrity in page 3 in UK since winning the reality show Celebrity Big Brother in January this year. The actress is now been accused of plagiarism by choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant. The actress allegedly copied the idea of her musical Miss Bollywood from Vaibhavi's show Merchants of Bollywood which has been successfully playing in Europe since 2005.
Shilpa who commands immense popularity in Europe was aiming to impress the West with her musical Miss Bollywood. She planned to entertain the audience and raise worldwide awareness about the largest movie industry in the world. With both the musicals touring Europe at the same time there seems to be a bit of competition going on between them.
The story lines in both are similar where Merchants of Bollywood is a story of a young girl who rebels at home and gets into Bollywood as a choreographer rather that following her family tradition and becoming a classical dancer. The story reflect some aspects of Vaibhavi Merchant's own life. Shilpa's Miss Bollywood tracks the story of young classical dancer turned choreographer trying to make the Bollywood dance popular in Europe.
Vaibhavi's seems to have drawn the first blood with her show doing well at the moment while Shilpa's show is running poorly and having empty houses. The reason being obvious, two shows of the same storyline cannot do well together. But Shilpa's charm may just turn the tide and do the magic for the show in the coming weeks. The end result is yet to be seen.