TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
When we queried about the same from our distribution/trade sources, the reason for the above was rather ironical! We were told that UTV, who had initially procured the rights of the film (from Firoz Nadiadwala for Rs. 45-crores), had neglected its promotion in favour of their own productions, like Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal and Jodhaa Akbar (much to the chagrin of Firoz). It seems that they have now realized their folly.
To elaborate, the average response to Goal, and the fact that Jodhaa Akbar is still far away, UTV want to keep in circulation by being associated with Welcome, especially in view of the tremendous audience response to the promos.
Well dear UTV, better late than never!