TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
When we queried about the same from our distribution/trade sources, the reason for the above was rather ironical! We were told that UTV, who had initially procured the rights of the film (from Firoz Nadiadwala for Rs. 45-crores), had neglected its promotion in favour of their own productions, like Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal and Jodhaa Akbar (much to the chagrin of Firoz). It seems that they have now realized their folly.
To elaborate, the average response to Goal, and the fact that Jodhaa Akbar is still far away, UTV want to keep in circulation by being associated with Welcome, especially in view of the tremendous audience response to the promos.
Well dear UTV, better late than never!