- 6 Instances When A Malayalam Actress Went On To Win The National Film Award For The Best Actress!
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mohanlal & Shobhana If Pavithram Is Remade Now?
- Ticket From Mollywood to Bollywood!
- When Malayalam Actresses Donned The Police Uniform!
- Prithviraj, Shobhana, Biju Menon And Anoop Menon In 'Pavada'
- Thira is a trilogy: Vineeth Sreenivasan
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Pick up a few newspapers or browse through some entertainment websites or movie blogs and chances are that you would stumble upon some stray comments about Vidya Balan being a weak link in Bhool Bhulaiyaa, especially during the climax scenes.
But is that really the case or gossip mongers going overdrive? If one probes deeply, it certainly seems to be the latter. That's because the fact remains that she elevates an otherwise average climax to a higher level due to sheer histrionics that she demonstrates.
Ok, so there also have been comparisons with Shobhana or even Jyothika who were part of the Malayalam and Tamil versions of the film respectively. But then is it justified? Won't it be fair to look at an act in a standalone manner rather than pointing out differences in nuances just for the sake of it?
The fact is that after rather lukewarm beginning to the year (Guru, Salaam-E-Ishq and Eklavya - The Royal Guard), Vidya first had a solo release super-hit in Heyy Babyy and has now enjoyed the status of being the central protagonist in Bhool Bhulaiyaa which is en route to be a massive hit again.
Let the detractors be damned...!