- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Shahrukh Khan To Introduce Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan!
- This Letter From Rajkummar Rao, A 'Jabra Fan', To Shahrukh Khan Will Leave You Shedding Happy Tears!
- Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Take A SLY DIG At Shahrukh Khan Over Casting Actresses In His Films?
- Why Did He Reject It? Salman Khan Was Supposed To Play Aishwarya Rai's Brother In Josh!
- Happy Birthday Kajol: Here's 5 Best Movies Of The Evergreen Actress
- Sunil Grover Celebrates His Birthday With Salman Khan & Shahrukh Khan On Dus Ka Dum Sets! (PICS)
Similarly, Akshay hit films during 2007 – the maximum by any actor in Bollywood – include Heyy Babyy, Namaste London, Bhool Bhuliaya and Welcome. And, according to industry sources, Akshay has hiked his price and signed the next film by Venus Records for a whopping Rs 22 crore.
Although Akshay is far behind Amitabh Bachchan or Shahrukh Khan as far as status value in the industry, success has not gone to the lad"s head and he is neither interested in any competition with Big B or King Khan. On the other hand, sources close to Akshay say that he is inspired by Rajnikanth who has been charging Rs 16 crore per film following the runaway success of Shivaji – The Boss. And Akki himself says that he is not too interested in past performances, but is working hard to give more hit films this year.
Akshay's consistency in delivering hit films has already earned him the title of 'Hindi Film Hit Machine" in Bollywood circles. If the films Akshay is doing now are any indication, the year ahead will see him doing a lot of action on celluloid. In fact, last year, most of Akki"s movies were comedies.
Akshay's next film is Nikhil Advani's big budget adventure flick Chandni Chowk to China which depicts a part of the actor's life and is estimated to cost a whopping Rs 100 crore making it one of the most costliest films made so far! We sincerely, hope that the New Year will see Akki rising to greater heights in all regards.