TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
"We never went overboard before the release of Welcome, we didn't shout from the rooftops when it witnessed one of the best openings ever in the history of Bollywood and we haven't given a sound byte a day even after the film was declared a blockbuster within a fortnight. Yes, what makes me immensely happy is that the audience has loved the film and taken the film along for five weeks now. The moolah certainly counts, but the appreciation coming along has been a great reward that I would always cherish", says a relaxed Bazmee.
With two back-to-back huge successes, including No Entry and Welcome, he must be quite confident about Singh Is Kinng, isn't it? So what's the India box office target that he has in mind for the film? Is it Rs 100 crore considering the fact that Welcome has raced past Rs 70 crore just from India and is still counting? Laughs Anees Bazmee, "If only these things would have been so simple and we had a magic calculator to get the figures flowing then life would have been so simple, isn't it? No one can predict the fate of Singh Is Kinng, not even me. Also, at least I have never made a film keeping the ultimate 'munafa' (profit) in mind. Movie making is a passion for me and when I make a film, I do so keeping in mind that there are enough ingredients to keep the audience entertained and they go home with a feeling of contentment."
He concludes by saying, "Maine hamesha yahi maana hai ki apna kaam imaandaari se karna chahiye, baaki uske baad upar waala aur audience hain (I have always believed that one has to work with utmost honesty and rest should be left to God and the audience)! You have to be true to your passion."
Produced by Vipul Shah, who has already completed hat trick of successful films with Akshay Kumar - Aankhen, Waqt - Race Against Time And Namastey London, Singh Is Kinng is fast reaching the finishing line and is aiming for an August 15 release. Apart from Akshay Kumar, this family entertainer also stars Katrina Kaif, Neha Dhupia, Javed Jaffrey, Ranvir Shorey, Om Puri, Himanshu Pandey and Sonu Sood. Shot extensively in Australia and Egypt along with India, the film has music by Pritam.