TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
But the fact is that Katrina was offered the Yash Raj Film as a sop! This is because her role was deleted in the other Yash Raj project, directed by Siddharth Anand, with Ranbir Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Deepika Padukone and Minissha Lamba.
Says a source, "This is one of those rare occasions that a heroine's track has been chopped from a film, while there are three more actresses whose portions have been kept. Katrina was slated to shoot for the film this month.
They decided to do away with her role as the other actresses have already shot for the film (Deepika, Bipasha and Minissha have completed schedules in Mumbai and Australia). That's why Yash Raj offered her another film as a sop, so she doesn't feel upset.
She signed John's film last week. Salman knew she was doing John's film and in fact, had told her she should do it. Salman doesn't want his personal equations to come in the way of Katrina's career."
Yash Raj Films spokesperson Monica Bhattacharya confirms that Katrina's track has been taken out from Siddharth Anand's as-yet untitled film.
She says, "Siddharth Anand's next film which is slated to release later this year is a story about a man (Ranbir) and the four women he meets. Sixty per cent of the film has already been shot and we found the story was becoming too long.
As a result we decided to do away with one girl's character altogether. Katrina's character was the only one that has not yet been shot, so we decided to do away with her character."