TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
The latest story doing the rounds is of Mallika's starry tantrums which had Studio 18 in a fix. According to sources, Studio 18 had signed Madame Sherawat to play the female lead in a film tentatively titled Masquerade for a remuneration of Rs.95 lakh. The actress was even paid 25% of her fee as the signing amount for this film which was to be directed by Kundan Shah.
Sources say that Mallika's nakhras started even before shooting could begin and that she was not happy with the choice of the director and the cinematographer. The cinematographer of Mallika's choice asked for a fee which was way over the budgeted amount. When director Kundan Shah decided that he had enough, Mallika coolly went to the press and declared the she had walked out of the film.
Studio 18 had no option but to shelve the project. However, it has gone ahead and lodged a complaint with IMPPA and has even asked Mallika to return the signing amount paid to her.
We tried to get in touch with Mallika for her stance on this issue but the actress did not wish to comment.