TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The obvious question which the filmmakers are being faced with - Would Race have a sequel? After all it is pretty much a possibility.
- The film's ending was open ended and two of the main protagonists who supposedly get killed aren't actually shown dead on screen. Also, the relationship between the other two protagonists too has been left open for speculation. What does the director duo feel about this?
Says Abbas, "Yes, it is true that the ending of Race has been left open. In fact Ramesh Taurani has been having discussions with us to see if we can develop the plot further and get a sequel in the running."
- With the film getting a huge response, it would indeed be quite challenging to get something as interesting, engaging and 'twisting' as the original, if not more! After all, audience won't be settling down for anything lesser when it comes to shock value and surprises in store at every corner, isn't it?
"I agree", laughs Abbas, "This is exactly the reason why we have to be extra careful even in announcing the sequel to the film. First of all we have to get the film right on paper and then plan ahead on execution. However, on his part, Ramesh Taurani has already registered Race 2 as a title. So yes, we are not ruling out the possibility of a sequel being made. If we get a script in place which is even better than the original, we will certainly go for it."
- Meanwhile Race continues to do crazy business at the box office. Not just has it's opening being phenomenal (22 crores net in 3 days) and is in comparison with Bollywood's biggest money spinner Om Shanti Om, it is looking forward to an extended business with One Two Three (March 28) being it's only notable opposition till 11th April (when U Me Aur Hum and Krazzy 4 arrive).