TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
This is the reason he decided to opt out of performing to any of Shahid Kapur's songs from Jab We Met at the Stardust Awards, where the actor was seen swinging to the musical hits of 2007.
The awards gala, organised by Bunty Walia's GS Entertainment, at the MMRDA grounds on Saturday, had Saif doing the grand finale.
He started his act with a number from his forthcoming film Race and then went on to perform to chartbusters like Hare Ram Hare Ram from Bhool Bhulaiyya, Tenu Leke from Salaam-E-Ishq, Dard-E-Disco from Om Shanti Om and the title track of Heyy Babyy.
No Mauja for Khan
However, according to sources, when the act was initially planned, it also had Mauja Hi Mauja from Jab We Met as one of the numbers. "Saif didn't have any problems with that in the beginning," says the insider.
"However, a few days before the show, he refused to perform to the song. Mauja has been one of the biggest chartbusters of the year but everyone understood Saif's point of view."
The source adds, "Saif changed his mind when he came to know that Shahid would be present too, since he was getting the Critics' Award for Best Actor. Plus, he knew Kareena was a favourite for the Best Actress award.
Since all the three were to be present, it would've been uncomfortable for everyone." The Mauja song was then omitted from the track.
Incidentally, when the organisers requested Saif to present the award to Bebo, he flatly refused. Finally, it was Raveena Tandon who did the honours.
Bunty Walia, who is also organising the Balaji TV awards on February 1, however, prefers to protect his star. "Saif was never supposed to perform to any song from Jab We Met.
We had selected the songs and given them to him to perform. He is a thorough professional who never interferes in his work commitments." Saif remained unavailable for comment.