TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
MS Ajmal of Harris International in Dubai and license-holders of Miss Bollywood (and co-producer along with Shilpa's beau Raj Kundra) says, "There was a slight confusion. For now, Shilpa is a part of Miss Bollywood. We haven't approached anyone directly. Shilpa is busy and has a date problem."
Reportedly, Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta are some of the actresses apparently being considered. Ajmal says, "There has been huge demand for Miss Bollywood in Malaysia and Singapore. If Shilpa's dates are booked elsewhere we will start looking for another actress but Miss Bollywood will run for long. As of now, we haven't zoomed in any particular actress. These are names being thrown around at random. My ideal choice would be Rani Mukherjee."
What about the huge fee hike that Shilpa wanted - an amount that was three times more than what was agreed upon initially? Ajmal says, "We haven't even discussed money. I don't know where that came from." Shilpa's publicist Dale Bhagwagar calls the buzz about another actress stepping into Shilpa's shoes bogus. "The license-holders of the musical are Harris International.
There are no immediate plans for a second run because Shilpa is going to be super-busy with a lot of films, endorsements and other assignments till mid-2009." About reports of Shilpa escalating her price, he counters, "Shilpa is a professional person and not the kind to trouble anyone. In the last few months, we have witnessed a metamorphosis in brand Shilpa. She has been offered huge amounts for certain film projects in Bollywood - but she is choosing only those which will give her creative satisfaction."