TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Nayantara is in no mood of becoming Abhishek Bachchan's sister. Well Abhishek is not longing for a sister but just that the southern diva has turned down an offer to star with him. Mani Ratnam had approached Nayantara to play Shoorpankha"s character in his magnum opus Raavan but she turned it down since the character did not interest her.
There are rumours that the scripting team missed out the important character of Shoorpankha while making the first draft. It's only now when a chunk of the movie has been shot have the realised the missing character of Raavan's sister Shoorpankha. Mani has now approached National Award winning actress Priyamani to play the role and she has given her nod.
Raavan is a modern day adaptation of the epic Ramayana. Tamil superstar Vikram will be playing Ram with Aishwarya Bachchan playing the role of Sita. Abhishek Bachchan will play the evil character of Raavan who kidnaps Sita. The movie which is also simultaneously being made in Tamil is expected to hit the theatres in January 2010.