TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Washington, (ANI): Bollywood star Salman Khan who is scheduled to go to USA early next month reportedly cancelled his visit on Friday.
According to sources Khan decision comes in the wake of the humiliation faced by Shahrukh Khan at Newark Airport. Salman is scheduled to partake in a promotional event of his upcoming movie Wanted besides participating in an auction of his personal paintings to raise funds for charity.
Khan's decision was also propelled by the hard time being given by the US Consulate in Mumbai in approving the visa of his associates, including one of his family members, whom Salman wanted to bring along with on the promotional trip, sources said. Besides Khan, producer Boney Kapoor, Bollywood star Sridevi and Prabhu Deva were also scheduled to attend the promotional event.
Following the Shahrukh Khan episode, which attracted a lot of media publicity both in India and the US, there is a sense of reluctance among local promoters and organisers of Bollywood events to risk inviting stars, sources added.
Khan's decision has put a bug question mark before the promoters and also local organisers in cities like Chicago, Houston and Dallas who have invested a lot of effort and money in organising these events.