TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
Ever since Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan was detained for two hours at the Newark Airport in the US last months, lots of theories behind the detention have been doing the rounds. One of the speculations is the link between the promoters of the event and the underworld.
It was speculated that Shahrukh must have been detained for questioning because of potential criminal links of the event's promoters. However, Farhath Hussain, promoter of the South Asian Carnival, said that he and his brother would have been detained first if that was the case. He added that he has been doing business in the US for 25 years. The fact is that he himself received extortion threats from Mumbai based gangster Abu Salem in the past.
Other Bollywood show promoters in the United States also dismissed any underworld link in the business, as the return from the investment is hardly 7 – 8 percent.