TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Ever since Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan was detained for two hours at the Newark Airport in the US last months, lots of theories behind the detention have been doing the rounds. One of the speculations is the link between the promoters of the event and the underworld.
It was speculated that Shahrukh must have been detained for questioning because of potential criminal links of the event's promoters. However, Farhath Hussain, promoter of the South Asian Carnival, said that he and his brother would have been detained first if that was the case. He added that he has been doing business in the US for 25 years. The fact is that he himself received extortion threats from Mumbai based gangster Abu Salem in the past.
Other Bollywood show promoters in the United States also dismissed any underworld link in the business, as the return from the investment is hardly 7 – 8 percent.