- I Didn't Have Any Apprehension To Dance: Rajkummar Rao
- Rajkummar Rao Gains 11 Kgs, Flaunts Pot Belly For 'Bose'
- Not Pressurised By Anyone's Expectations: Rajkumar Rao
- A Vegetarian Rajkummar Rao Had To Eat Meat For 'Trapped’
- Aligarh Is One Of The Most Beautifully Written Scripts Ever: Rajkumar Rao
- Kangana Ranaut's Queen To Have A Sequel?
Bollywood actor Rajkummar Rao says that shooting for the upcoming film Citylights drained him emotionally.
Rajkumar who plays the role of a farmer in Citylights asserted that the film has made him realise the plight of poor migrants who live on the margins in big cities.
"The movie and its characters had a huge impact on me. People like them exist all around us but we don't notice them. Now, I have started noticing such people on roads. I can't help much but I meet and tell them that everything will be fine," said Rajkummar.
It is the second time that Rajkummar and Mehta have teamed up after their award-winning movie Shahid. Rajkummar, who garnered widespread praise for his role in Shahid, considers Citylights as his toughest role so far.
"It was one of the most challenging roles for me. My character's pain and his battle was difficult to bring on screen," said the actor. His co-star and girlfriend Patralekha, who is making her debut with the film, also said that the movie has made her more grateful in life.
"I am more grateful and thankful now. I used to crave for the smallest of things, like a a new bag or a dress, but the movie changed that," she said.
Citylights, directed by Hansal Mehta is a story about a poor family from Rajasthan which migrates to Mumbai for a better life and the film is set to release on May 30th.