- Venue Is Set! Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Get Married In This Beautiful Country?
- Attracting Luck After Dating Alia Bhatt? Ranbir Kapoor Talks About Going To Hollywood!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Finalize Their Destination Wedding Date, Insiders Leak Details!
- Ranbir Kapoor Ignores Katrina Kaif While Singing Praises Of Deepika Padukone & Alia Bhatt!
- Move Over Ranbir-Alia! Deepika Padukone Just Publicly Declared Her Love For Ranveer Singh
- Deepika Padukone Visits Her Apartment After The Fire Incident! Here's What She Has To Say
We all know Sanjay Leela Bhansali wanted to cast Shahrukh Khan or Hrithik Roshan for the role of Deepika Padukone's husband in Padmavati. But recent reports suggest that it is Deepika, who will take the decision now.
A source told Bollywood Life, that Shahid Kapoor might get finalised for the role, ''Shahid doesn't mind even if he's required to play a second fiddle to Ranveer Singh in Padmavati coz on the personal front, he anyway will be going on a paternity break once his baby arrives. So for Shahid, Padmavati is ideally the most convenient film he can take up at this point in time and he is likely to sign the dotted line in the coming few days.''
Check out some rare pictures of Shahid & Deepika below.
It all started when Vicky Kaushal, a TV actor, was rejected because Deepika Padukone wanted a big actor to romance on-screen in Padmavati. Industry insiders say that Deepika tried to get Pakistani star Fawad Khan to play her husband in the movie but Fawad is already very busy with Karan Johar's film.
"Fawad is extremely busy with other projects in Pakistan. Also he has signed a three film deal with Karan Johar's Dharma Productions. So obviously the actor cannot break this and work with any other director. So there is no chance of him signing Bhansali's Padmavati," a source revealed.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati is based on the life of Rani of Chittor (played by Deepika Padukone) and Alauddin Khilji's (Ranveer Singh) obsession with her.