- Is There A RIFT Between The Two? Arjun Kapoor To Miss Jahnvi Kapoor's Dhadak Screening!
- Janhvi Kapoor Not Excited About Being Compared To Sridevi; Wants To Create Her Own Identity!
- Janhvi Kapoor Told Sridevi, 'I Don't Want You To Tell Me How I Should Do It' Before Shooting Dhadak!
- Arjun Kapoor On Janhvi & Khushi: They’re Very Nice, Sensible Kids, Maybe More Than Me, Too
- Janhvi Kapoor's Emotional Post For Arjun Kapoor On His Birthday: You Are The Reason For Our Strength
- IIFA 2018: Boney Kapoor Gets Teary-Eyed On Collecting Sridevi's Award With Son Arjun By His Side!
Sairat was an extraordinary Marathi movie which set a benchmark of its own as one of the most wonderfully made movies in the regional film industry. The film ended up raking in the moolah at the box office and it is now reported that film-maker Karan Johar has purchased the remake rights of the movie and might rope in Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi Kapoor as the lead actress.
A source close to the director was quoted as saying, "Sridevi called up Karan Johar a few months back and told that she wants to launch her beti on a grand scale. She wants the launch to be same as what Alia Bhatt got in Student of the Year in 2012."
Karan Johar had offered to cast Jhanvi in Student Of The Year 2 alongside Tiger Shroff but due to several delays the project did not move forward. Also since SOTY 2 has two leading heroines, Sridevi was not really happy with it and wanted a solo launch for her daughter.
Now that Karan Johar has the remake rights for Sairat, Sridevi is in talks with KJO and wants her daughter to be a part of the movie as it has a wonderful storyline and will boost Jhanvi Kapoor's prospects in the industry and make her a star after her debut movie is released.