- Salman Khan TROLLED For His Horrible Lyrics For 'Selfish' Song; Fans Compare Him To Dhinchak Pooja
- Salman Khan Shares An Adorable Picture Of 'Chweet' Jacqueline Fernandez From 'Selfish'
- Salman Khan Had TRUST ISSUES With His Race 3 Co-stars? He Felt They Might Leak The Climax!
- Salman Khan Asked Bobby Deol 'Shirt Utarega?' While Offering Him Race 3; Nope We Ain't Kidding!
- Ram Kapoor Says He Will Shoot Himself Before He Compares Himself To Salman Khan!
- Salman Khan: There Is No One Better Than Jacqueline Fernandez In The Current Generation!
- Salman Khan’s Film ‘Loveratri’ Starring Aayush Sharma In Trouble!
- Jacqueline Fernandez's Salman Khan-Varun Dhawan Connection
- Race 3: Jacqueline Fernandez Refused To Use Stunt Doubles For The Action Sequences!
- EXCLUSIVE! I Have Always Found Salman Khan Very Fascinating: Sonnalli Seygall
- Salman Khan And Jacqueline Fernandez Are Back On Jumma With Heeriye From Race 3
Shocking, isn't it? While Padmavati starring Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor is creating the right waves, we were quite surprised when we recently learnt that this Sanjay Leela Bhansali directorial was originally meant to star Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in lead roles.
Read on to know the real reason why the duo then couldn't be a part of this magnum opus...
Padmavati Was First Offered To Salman Khan & Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
As per a report in Open Magazine, Padmavati was first offered to Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan years back.
The Ugly Breakup Played Villain
However, things failed to materialized due to their infamous public fall-out.
SLB Still Had Hopes
Despite of all this, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali still hoped to make Padmavati with Salman and Aishwarya.
He Reached Out To Them
Reportedly, the filmmaker got in touch with the stars to check if they were still willing to do the film.
Ash Would Have Agreed
Much to the surprise of everyone, Aishwarya would have agreed to do the film.
She wanted Salman Khan to play the role of Alauddin Khilji, the main antagonist as Rani Padmavati and Khilji have no scenes together in the film.
Salman Khan Wasn't Happy
As expected, Salman Khan declined the film.
He Wanted To Romance Ash
A source close to the actor informed the magazine that Salman was more than happy to be a part of the film if it was a love story. He was adamant to recreate his magical chemistry of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam with Aishwarya. So he didn't settle for a film where he didn't get to romance her.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali was left disappointed and finally he decided to go ahead with this film by bringing Ranveer, Deepika and Shahid on board.
The film is slated to hit the theatrical screens on 17th November this year.