- Priyanka Chopra Wanted To Once Marry Television Actor Mohit Raina?
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Send A Message To The 'Haters'!
- Complete Details About Salman Khan & Disha Patani's Roles In Bharat Revealed!
- Priyanka Chopra Is Too Dark To Be Crowned Miss India; When A Jury Member Passed A Racist Remark
- Priyanka Chopra Spotted Celebrating B'day With Nick Jonas; Madhu Chopra Comments On Their Marriage
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra! Here Are 7 Most Defining Moments That Changed Her Life Forever
- This Game Of Thrones Star Accompanies Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas On A Double Date!
- Priyanka Chopra Dances Her Heart Out; Wraps The Shooting Of 'Isn't It Romantic' In Style!
- Priyanka Chopra Talks About Her Boyfriend Nick Jonas; Says They Are Getting To Know Each Other!
- BREAKING! Priyanka Chopra Will Be Getting MARRIED To Nick Jonas Soon; Drops A Major Hint On Wedding!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra In No Mood To PATCH UP; Their Latest Move Hints So!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
IIFA Awards is an important event in Bollywood and giving it a miss can be a loss to some actors but Priyanka Chopra revealed that she's ditching it as her birthday is near and wants to spend time with her family and friends. However, Mumbai Mirror's piece says PeeCee opted out of the event due to the pay cheque of a male superstar and he was given a bigger amount just to be there!
The report states that Priyanka was approached by the IIFA committee to perform at the show and also host a segment, but was turned off due to the remuneration they were providing and learnt that a male superstar is receiving a mammoth amount just to be present! All these made her ditch the event and she flew back to India instead and celebrated her birthday in Maldives with her family.
Reports claim that Priyanka Chopra missed the IIFA Awards due to gender pay gap.
She was miffed that a male superstar was given a fat cheque just to be present at the event.
Just A Myth?
Several reports state that the 'gender wage gap' is a myth and is stoked by feminists.
IIFA committee approached Priyanka in January 2017 itself to perform and also host a segment at IIFA 2017.
After several rounds of negotiations, she was unhappy with the remuneration, which was offered to her.
Standing Her Ground
After leaning that a male superstar got a bigger cheque, she called it quits.
Home Sweet Home
She flew back to India to spend time with her family and friends.
For her 35th birthday, she headed off to Maldives and had a good time with her near and dear ones.
Real Or Myth?
While some studies claim that gender wage gap is real, several others show that it's just a myth.
Nonetheless, PeeCee had a great time in Maldives and that's what really matters.