TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Karan Johar's Student Of The Year 2, has been playing the game of 'table tennis' in terms of casting the leading ladies as rumours first surfaced that Sara Ali Khan will be the lead and later it was rumoured that Disha Patani is the lead actress. Now, it is rumored Disha Patani has been replaced by Sara Ali Khan to star alongside Tiger Shroff in SOTY 2. A source close to the development was quoted as saying,
"Disha was finalised as Tiger was keen to have her in the film. It would mean that this off-screen pair would finally woo each other on-screen and that's also interesting for the audience. Producer Karan Johar and director Punit agreed to Disha, as she has a pleasing personality and is confident on screen, as seen in her last release MS Dhoni: The Untold Story and Kung Fu Yoga with Jackie Chan."
The source further commeted, "But for reasons best known to the makers, Disha has made way for Sara. This is another case of an outsider losing to a star kid. KJO was always planning to launch Sara, but her name was mentioned in connection to the remake of The Fault In Our Stars with Shahid Kapoor's brother Ishaan Khattar. But that didn't work out."
When asked why isn't Karan Johar announcing who the lead actress is, the source revealed, "Karan is very secretive about his films and he likes to announce them himself. They are holding this bit of news close to their heart because they were not happy with the news of Disha being cast, coming out."