TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
When Sanjay Leela Bhansali announced his prestigious project Padmavati, he offered Shahrukh Khan an important role in the movie, but the superstar rejected it.
And you will be shocked to know that it has something to do with Deepika Padukone, with whom Shahrukh shares a great rapport. Reportedly, SLB had also approached Hrithik Roshan for the role but he too said no. More details below.
What Happened Exactly...
According to DNA, '' All the big stars rejected the film because the title was based on Deepika Padukone's character.''
They Were Unhappy With The Title
They all wanted Sanjay Leela Bhansali to change the title as it was focusing on the female lead but SLB didn't do so.
They Had Only One Condition
According to Rajeev Masand, "Bhansali stuck with his leading lady even after top male stars offered to star in it.''
It Revolved Around The Heroine
''Only if the director was willing to change the title to sound less like it revolved around the heroine.''
Deepika Is Returning The Favour Now
Deepika is returning the favour by standing firmly by Bhansali's side, focusing solely on Padmavati.''
''Even as her co-actors Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor are dividing their time between Bhansali's set and ad-films, appearances, and the like."
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's magnum opus is based on oppressive ruler Alauddin Khilji's obsession for Rani Padmavati.
The movie Will hit the theatres on 17 Nov 2017.