- Jacqueline Fernandez's Salman Khan-Varun Dhawan Connection
- Kalank: Madhuri Dixit To Play A Courtesan, Sanjay Dutt Turns Raja?
- Sonam Kapoor's Reception: Did Varun Dhawan Just Make His Relationship Official With Natasha Dalal?
- Ranbir Kapoor & Varun Dhawan Good For 'Ram Lakhan' Remake: Subhash Ghai
- Sonam Kapoor Spotted With BF Anand Ahuja; Arjun Kapoor & Varun Dhawan Caught Practising For Sangeet
- Sorry Sonam Kapoor! Deepika Padukone Might Skip Your Wedding For This Reason
Actor Varun Dhawan has apologised for his "Nepotism rocks" act at the IIFA Awards that created a stir over social media last week.
Varun, son of veteran filmmaker David Dhawan, along with filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Saif Ali Khan, sparked the controversy over the nepotism debate at the awards gala. Later, all three of them received flak on social media with twitteraties calling their act "disappointing".
"I express my apology and regret... I am extremely sorry if I have offended or hurt anyone with that act," Varun tweeted on Tuesday.
Karan and Saif, who were hosting the gala, revisited the much-talked about nepotism issue that started in Bollywood when actress Kangana Ranaut branded Karan as a "flagbearer of nepotism" on his chat show "Koffee With Karan".
When Varun joined the two actors on stage at the Metlife Stadium to receive the Best Performance in a Comic Role for "Dishoom", Saif joked that the actor had made it big in the industry because of his father.
"You are here because of your papa," Saif quipped.
Varun said: "And you're here because of your mummy (veteran actress Sharmila Tagore)."
Karan then promptly added: "I am here because of my papa (late filmmaker Yash Johar)."
They then said in unison: "Nepotism rocks".