- Kajol: I'm A Hitler Mother, I'm A Bad Cop, Ajay Devgn's A Good Cop
- Eid Mubarak: Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar & Others Share Their Eid Wishes With Fans!
- Sanju Blockbuster Effect: Has Ranbir Kapoor Hiked His Fee For Luv Ranjan's Next Starring Ajay Devgn?
- Ajay Devgn Takes A Major Dig At 'Aged' Actors; Says They Look Like A Joker
- Happy Birthday Kajol: Here's 5 Best Movies Of The Evergreen Actress
- Kajol To Play Ajay Devgn's Wife In Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior?
- Helicopter Eela Poster: Kajol Plays An Overprotective Mother; Says She's Here, There & Everywhere!
- After Chanakya, Ajay Devgn To Play India's Legendary Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim!
- Ajay Devgn To Play Chanakya In Neeraj Pandey's Next; Has This To Say About His Role!
- Ileana D'cruz Posts A Backless Picture On Instagram & Drops The 'F-Bomb'
- Helicopter Eela: Kajol Reveals The First Look Poster Of Her Next Film & It's Quite Interesting!
- Rare Sighting! Ajay Devgn Attends Salman Khan's Race 3 Screening
Ajay Devgn is gearing up for his upcoming period-drama Tanaaji: The Unsung Hero and reports are doing the rounds that the actor is keen on having Saif Ali Khan in the movie and had approached him a few months ago for the same. However, Saif Ali Khan took time to decide and didn't sign on the dotted line, as he doesn't want to be sidelined in a two-hero film and had vowed not to star in one after Kal Ho Na Hoo.
It is reported that the role offered to Saif Ali Khan is a meaty one and Ajay Devgn convinced him to take it up and only then the actor gave his nod to star in the period-drama. A source opened up to Deccan Chronicle by saying, "It took Saif a long time to agree to be a supporting actor. After Kal Ho Naa Ho, he had vowed to never do a two-hero film in which he would have a weaker role. But Ajay has personally assured him that he will have a strong author-backed role."
The Omkara Effect
Ajay Devgn and Saif Ali Khan had previously worked in the movie Omkara which released in 2006 and despite Saif playing the second fiddle, he stole the limelight more than the lead role which was played by Ajay Devgn. The same might repeat for Tanaaji: The Unsung Hero too.
Ajay Devgn and Saif Ali Khan also starred in Kachche Dhaage alongside Manisha Koirala and Namrata Shirodkar in 1999 and the movie ended up being a hit at the box office. It is proven that Ajay and Saif's jodi is a hit and our fingers are crossed for Tanaaji: The Unsung Hero.
Saif Ali Khan Needs A Breakthrough
Going by how Saif Ali Khan's movies are faring at the box office, the actor badly needs a breakthrough and we guess that'll come only with Tanaaji: The Unsung Hero. Also, Ajay Devgn has a loyal fanbase so the movie would be a sureshot winner at the box office.
Always Change With The Times, Says Ajay Devgn!
"As a performer one needs to be open, honest and change or adapt with times. If somebody is thinking that what they are doing is right then it doesn't work. You have to upgrade yourself to stay relevant. It is not difficult."