- Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Alleged EX-GF Priyanka Chopra’s Engagement To Nick Jonas!
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Trailer: Shahid & Shraddha Kapoor Take On An Important Subject!
- Mira Rajput's Acting Debut Goes Wrong, Netizens Troll Her For Doing An Anti-Ageing Cream Ad!
- Ishaan Khatter: I Was Eight When Shahid Kapoor Became A Film Star
- Shahid Kapoor On Getting Waxed At Madame Tussauds: It Made Me Feel Good About Myself!
- It's Finally Happening! Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Come Together For A Project
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Shahid Kapoor Started Working When He Was A Child; Mother Neelima Azeem Talks About His Struggles
- Mira Rajput's Baby Shower Pics: From Lemon Cake To Hubby Shahid Kapoor's Cute Antics!
Vijay Deverakonda's highly acclaimed Telugu film 'Arjun Reddy' is finally getting remade in Bollywood. While reports suggested that Arjun Kapoor will be stepping into Vijay's shoes, a leading tabloid recently confirmed that it is Shahid Kapoor who has finally bagged the role.
The Hindi remake of Arjun Reddy will mark the Bollywood debut of Telugu director Sandeep Reddy Vanga. Meanwhile, the grapevine is abuzz with reports that Arjun lost the Hindi remake to Shahid Kapoor for this reason. Read on to know more-
Shahid Kapoor Finalized For Hindi Remake
According to a Mumbai Mirror report, Shahid Kapoor has inked the deal and the film is slated to go on the floors in July. The search for the lead female actor is on. Set in the backdrop of Delhi, the untitled film will also be shot in abroad and the director is yet to zero down the location.
The Recce Begins
"I'm leaving for Delhi today for location recce. Like the original, we are planning to shoot the remake in India and abroad. I haven't decided yet whether it should have an experienced actress or a fresh face as the female lead, but that will take a while anyway. Also, the film has great scope for music, dialogues and we are planning to rope in some popular names as well. A clear picture will emerge in two weeks," director Sandeep Reddy Vanga was quoted as saying.
Arjun Was First Approached For The Remake
As per an Asian Age report, Arjun had first been approached for Arjun Reddy because of the eponymous connection. But then the actor wasn't sure of Sandeep Reddy Vanga - the director of the original film - being able to carry off a Hindi film.
He Wanted This Filmmaker To Direct The Remake Instead
The daily further quoted a source as saying, "Arjun's father, Boney Kapoor, has an office in Hyderabad and used to operate out of there a lot. He was told that Bollywood films should have directors who can carry off the local language well because when a south filmmaker directs a Hindi film, a few things get lost in translation. Arjun shares a close bond with his Tevar director Amit Sharma and wanted him to direct the film instead."
Arjun's Loss Is Shahid's Gain
However, the producers Murad Khetani and Ashwin Varde, who had bought the rights to the Hindi remake, were, however, keen to retain the essence of the original and insisted on Sandeep as the director. The source further revealed, "So, Arjun's insistence on a director of his choice saw him out of the film and Shahid in."
The original flick starred Vijay Devarakonda as Arjun, a brilliant surgeon, who goes down the dark path of alcoholism and substance abuse after a failed relationship. The blockbuster is being remade in different languages. While Shahid Kapoor stars in the Hindi remake, reports suggest that the Tamil version stars actor Vikram's son Dhruv.