- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Trailer: Shahid & Shraddha Kapoor Take On An Important Subject!
- Mira Rajput's Acting Debut Goes Wrong, Netizens Troll Her For Doing An Anti-Ageing Cream Ad!
- Ishaan Khatter: I Was Eight When Shahid Kapoor Became A Film Star
- Shahid Kapoor On Getting Waxed At Madame Tussauds: It Made Me Feel Good About Myself!
- It's Finally Happening! Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Come Together For A Project
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Shahid Kapoor Started Working When He Was A Child; Mother Neelima Azeem Talks About His Struggles
- Mira Rajput's Baby Shower Pics: From Lemon Cake To Hubby Shahid Kapoor's Cute Antics!
- Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Celebrate Their 3rd Wedding Anniversary: A Look At Their Love Story
Shahid Kapoor, who played the role of Maharawal Ratan Singh in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's epic drama Padmaavat, recently said that he would have done the role of Alauddin Khilji differently than Ranveer Singh in the film.
As per a report in Deccan Chronicle, industry insiders are really upset with Shahid Kapoor's comment on Ranveer Singh and said that he was insecure throughout the making of Padmaavat. Not just that, they are also saying that Shahid Kapoor has broken an unwritten rule. Read more about it below.
The War Is Out In The Open
They've been warily examining each other's territory through the making of Padmaavat. And now, the Ranveer Singh-Shahid Kapoor war is out for everyone to see.
When Ranveer's Comment Had Made Shahid Upset
It was Ranveer who set the ball rolling by saying he would have done Shahid's 'Kaminey' better than Shahid. Not to be left behind, Shahid responded by saying he would have played Ranveer's Khilji in Padmaavat "differently."
You Can't Compare Dilip Kumar & Shahrukh's Devdas
A source close to Padmaavat is not amused by Shahid's comment. "Of course, Shahid would have played it differently. Every actor brings his own skills into every character. That is why you can't compare Dilip Kumar's Devdas with Shahrukh Khan's Devdas.
He Has Broken An Unwritten Rule
But why talk about a co-actor's role? Did Amitabh Bachchan speak about how he would've played Rajesh Khanna's role in Namak Haraam? Even when two actors are fierce rivals, it's an unwritten rule that two actors don't discuss one another's roles in the same film.
Shahid Was Insecure Even During The Making Of Padmaavat
Another source says Shahid was hounded by insecurities all through the making of Padmaavat. "He had reservations about Ranveer playing the author-backed role, but Sanjay Leela Bhansali convinced him.''
The Doubt Remained
But the twinge of doubt remained throughout the making of the film, and Shahid would anxiously look over his shoulder at Ranveer's role.
What Shahid Kapoor Said Exactly
Which actor would not wish to play a character like Khilji in a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film? You know, once on ‘Koffee with Karan', Ranveer said he would have done my role in Kaminey better than me... I would have done Khilji differently."
When Asked, ''How?''
"Firstly, I do not want to get into those details. Always remember, Sanjay Leela Bhansali is the hero of all his films and we actors come second. So whether it is the loud and larger than life character of Khilji or the subtleness of Ratan Singh, everything was governed by Sanjay Sir. So, this is his vision of his.''
Our Style Is Different
''What I just said about performing differently, is because we are two different actors and our style of acting is different."