- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Tara Sutaria To Play Shahid Kapoor's Girlfriend In The Film?
- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Shahid Kapoor Is Having 'Dark Thoughts' & This Picture Is A Proof!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Why Is Shahid Kapoor Refraining From Confirming That He's Doing The Film?
- What Irked Sonam Kapoor So Bad That She Ended Up Comparing Kareena Kapoor With EX Shahid Kapoor?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Shahid Kapoor In Vijay Deverakonda's Shoes, Why Was Arjun Kapoor Replaced?
- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Shahid Kapoor In A Never Seen Before Avatar In Raja Krishna Menon's Next! Read Details
- Here's Why Shahid Kapoor Didn't Hide The News Of Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy!
- Shahid Kapoor Just Announced Wife Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy With This Cute Post!
- WOW! Brothers Shahid Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter To Star In A Movie Together? Read Details
- Is Shahid Kapoor A Dominating Elder Brother? Ishaan Khatter Reveals The Truth!
Shahid Kapoor, who played the role of Maharawal Ratan Singh in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's epic drama Padmaavat, recently said that he would have done the role of Alauddin Khilji differently than Ranveer Singh in the film.
As per a report in Deccan Chronicle, industry insiders are really upset with Shahid Kapoor's comment on Ranveer Singh and said that he was insecure throughout the making of Padmaavat. Not just that, they are also saying that Shahid Kapoor has broken an unwritten rule. Read more about it below.
The War Is Out In The Open
They've been warily examining each other's territory through the making of Padmaavat. And now, the Ranveer Singh-Shahid Kapoor war is out for everyone to see.
When Ranveer's Comment Had Made Shahid Upset
It was Ranveer who set the ball rolling by saying he would have done Shahid's 'Kaminey' better than Shahid. Not to be left behind, Shahid responded by saying he would have played Ranveer's Khilji in Padmaavat "differently."
You Can't Compare Dilip Kumar & Shahrukh's Devdas
A source close to Padmaavat is not amused by Shahid's comment. "Of course, Shahid would have played it differently. Every actor brings his own skills into every character. That is why you can't compare Dilip Kumar's Devdas with Shahrukh Khan's Devdas.
He Has Broken An Unwritten Rule
But why talk about a co-actor's role? Did Amitabh Bachchan speak about how he would've played Rajesh Khanna's role in Namak Haraam? Even when two actors are fierce rivals, it's an unwritten rule that two actors don't discuss one another's roles in the same film.
Shahid Was Insecure Even During The Making Of Padmaavat
Another source says Shahid was hounded by insecurities all through the making of Padmaavat. "He had reservations about Ranveer playing the author-backed role, but Sanjay Leela Bhansali convinced him.''
The Doubt Remained
But the twinge of doubt remained throughout the making of the film, and Shahid would anxiously look over his shoulder at Ranveer's role.
What Shahid Kapoor Said Exactly
Which actor would not wish to play a character like Khilji in a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film? You know, once on ‘Koffee with Karan', Ranveer said he would have done my role in Kaminey better than me... I would have done Khilji differently."
When Asked, ''How?''
"Firstly, I do not want to get into those details. Always remember, Sanjay Leela Bhansali is the hero of all his films and we actors come second. So whether it is the loud and larger than life character of Khilji or the subtleness of Ratan Singh, everything was governed by Sanjay Sir. So, this is his vision of his.''
Our Style Is Different
''What I just said about performing differently, is because we are two different actors and our style of acting is different."