TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Friday, May 05, 2006
Something like this is a rarity in filmdom! The makers of 36 China Town have decided against holding any screening before the release of the film. No private screenings, not even for the film's actors or distributors and no paid previews for aam junta on Thursday night. Not even the principal actors of 36 China Town, Akshaye, Shahid and Kareena, or the producer, Subhash Ghai, have seen the final cut of this thriller.
"36 China Town is a murder mystery and if we hold any screening prior to its release, text messages vis-À-vis the identity of the murderer will be known to all and sundry even before the first show on Friday begins. Hence, the secrecy and this stance of no screenings," Abbas of director duo Abbas-Mustan informs me. "Even I am watching the film on Friday night, with my family and friends," Ghai endorses the stance.
The stars haven't watched the film, except while dubbing their portions. Shahid and Kareena, who left for a 40-day tour this morning [May 4], are curious to know the feedback. "I am keeping my fingers crossed. I guess, Bebo and I will catch up on the film once we reach the U.S.," Shahid tells me.