TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
That Aamir Khan excels in everything that he does is an established fact. This fact was proved once again on Sunday, when the actor displayed his knowledge of chess at the Khar Gymkhana.
He played a game of chess against grandmaster Abhijit Kunte. And he put up a tough fight against the champion! Kunte was playing with 20 people at the same time. Aamir started off with an Italian opening, also known as Guicco Piano or a Kolisch attack. However, the grandmaster knew how to tackle the moves. Kunte believed that they had an equal position in the game, when the queens were exchanged. Eventually, the duo mutually agreed on a draw after 19 moves.
Chess is one of Aamir Khan's favorite games. It might be recalled that a couple of years ago, Aamir Khan and chess champ, Vishwanathan Anand had met for a game for thirty minutes. These thirty minutes landed up extending to five hours! Anand happens to be one of Aamir's favorite Chess players. Talking about Khan, Kunte stated that the actor was very knowledgeable about the game. His game and strategy surprised him. But for some reason, we're not surprised!