TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Adlabs Films formally announced the launch of its full-fledged film processing and post-production facilities, the first of its kind in Kolkata.
This is expected to benefit the film and media industry in Eastern India, particularly West Bengal with Kolkata being home to several renowned film-makers and technicians respected in the entertainment field. The market shows considerable potential with 80 odd films in Bengali, Oriya and other eastern languages with an average of about 30 to 40 prints per film releasing every year.
Adlabs will have the city's only integrated full-fledged processing lab including a post-production facility with telecine and Final Cut Pro and Avid Editing Suites. The services suite will also comprise Dubbing&Audio! Recording, a sophisticated sound recording studio with Dolby recording&mixing facilities and also a 'Neve' mixing console and acoustics designed by an internationally renowned UK-based consultant. The processing lab would also host a state-of-the-art Dolby Preview theatre, also the first in Kolkata.
Adlabs is already the market leader in the film processing market, garnering 65% of the Hindi film industry's processing business including the cream of Bollywood. As part of its geographical expansion strategy, Adlabs had earlier forayed into the Southern film processing market by setting shop in Chennai towards the end of 2005. The Chennai operations have been scaling up impressively, having garnered sizable market-share in the first year itself.
Vishal bags award at the Cairo Film Fest
Sherlyn to celebrate Xmas with kids