TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Updates: Ashok Gehlot & Sachin Pilot To Meet Rahul Gandhi
- Manchester City Vs Hoffenheim: City Through As Group Winners
- PTron Spunk Wireless Earphones With Bluetooth 5.0 Launched For Rs 2,999
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 ABS: Spy Pics Leaked
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks ROYAL At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Sonam & Anil Kapoor's Ethnic Look At Isha Ambani's Wedding
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Remember how choreographer-turned-director Ahmed Khan had announced a film Mazhab based on football just after the release of his directorial debut Lakeer. Unfortunately this 'Remember the Titans' kind of multi-starrer project never took off.
However, now his dream seems to be coming true. With the Football World Cup in June 2006, football fever is in the air and Ahmed Khan is one of the many who has caught the fever! He recently announced a film titled Yahaan Ke Hum Sikander, with football as its backdrop.
A big sports fan himself, Khan does not want to leave any stone unturned. He plans to consult India's ace football player Baiching Bhutia, so that his film looks realistic enough. Also, they plan to bring in a major international football player for the mahurat shot. It will be shot in India as well as abroad.
The film is based on the experiences that a football team has while playing a match against the English team. While Nana Patekar plays the coach, the actresses who are finalized for the project include Sneha Ullal, Rimii Sen and Ayesha Takia. The eleven actors who will be a part of the team are yet to be finalized. A.R.Rahman has been roped in for the music of the film. The makers hope to capitalize on the football mania that the World Cup generates.