TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Akshay has become a hot brand property in the endorsement scene with brands lining up to be endorsed by him. But the star is being very selective about the brands he would like to be associated with and does not want to dilute his brand equity. He has been turning down a slew of brands and does not want to compromise either on price nor quality.
Recently he was offered a whopping amount to renew a contract with a liquor company which he refused and the same was taken by another of his contemporaries. Also he was offered almost 8 crores for endorsing another undergarment company, but Akshay being selective refused, which was again taken by another macho star.
Says Akshay, "As I said earlier, I would only like to endorse quality products. I prefer to be selective and it should be in sync with my brand Image. I will not compromise either on price or quality" He has been refusing to endorse sub-standard brands be it a Cigarette, Alcohol or 'Ganji' products as a matter of policy.
According to close sources a huge MNC has signed Akshay to be the Brand Ambassador in India. It's a shocker of a deal clinched amidst heavy competition from other biggies!! An announcement of the same is on the anvil. In the endorsement corridor it has been hushed that it can't get better than this .....