TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Vertu Aster P With Real Leather Announced; Price Starts From Rs. 3 Lakh
- Ever Heard Of Glamping? Visit These 7 Places In India For Luxury Camping!
- Essential Oil Remedies To Treat Lice
- Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: 5 Interesting Things You Don't Know About This Sultry Actress!
- 2018 Yamaha R15 V3 Review — Unmistakable Racing Pedigree Made Evident
- Praveen Kumar Retires From All Forms Of Cricket
- Postal Life Insurance; All You Need To Know
Monday, November 06, 2006
New Delhi (UNI): The Delhi University (DU) will confer a honouris causa degree on its almunus Mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan tomorrow for his contribution to the Indian film industry.
Noted Cartoonist R K Laxman, Principal Scientific Adviser to the Prime Minister C N R Rao and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will also be presented the degree at the special convocation, a DU official said.
''Four people, including Bachchan, will be presented the degree on the date.... This is in recognition of their work in their respective fields,'' he added.
The University will also honour historian Romila Thapar, industrialist Ratan Tata and prominent writer Mahashweta Devi at a convocation to be held later, the official said.
Bachchan completed his three-year B Sc degree in 1967 from Delhi University's Kirori Mal College.
Britain's prestigious De Montford University in Leicester conferred the honorary doctorate degree on the Indian superstar on July 19.
The Government of France has decided to honour Bachchan with its highest civilian award 'The Legion d'Honneur' (Officer of the Legion of Honour) at an award ceremony to be held later.
Ash craze in Suriname
Prince Andrew visits Yash Raj Studios