TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- 8 Factors That Are Weighing On The Indian Economy Today
- Airtel Likely To Launch VoLTE Smartphones Under Rs. 2,500
- Nissan Kicks Interiors Revealed
- Virushka's First Wedding Anniversary: Virat Has This To Say!
- Gauri Khan's Floral Lehenga
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
Monday, November 06, 2006
New Delhi (UNI): The Delhi University (DU) will confer a honouris causa degree on its almunus Mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan tomorrow for his contribution to the Indian film industry.
Noted Cartoonist R K Laxman, Principal Scientific Adviser to the Prime Minister C N R Rao and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will also be presented the degree at the special convocation, a DU official said.
''Four people, including Bachchan, will be presented the degree on the date.... This is in recognition of their work in their respective fields,'' he added.
The University will also honour historian Romila Thapar, industrialist Ratan Tata and prominent writer Mahashweta Devi at a convocation to be held later, the official said.
Bachchan completed his three-year B Sc degree in 1967 from Delhi University's Kirori Mal College.
Britain's prestigious De Montford University in Leicester conferred the honorary doctorate degree on the Indian superstar on July 19.
The Government of France has decided to honour Bachchan with its highest civilian award 'The Legion d'Honneur' (Officer of the Legion of Honour) at an award ceremony to be held later.
Ash craze in Suriname
Prince Andrew visits Yash Raj Studios