TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Nokia 7.1 Plus Will Launch On 16th Of October For Rs 27,000
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- Can Using Hot Tub Cause A Miscarriage?
- From Salman Targeting Karanvir To Eliminating Neha To Save Sree-Reasons Why BB 12 Is UNFAIR & BIASED
- MG Motors India Plans Revealed — Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its Entry In 2019
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Kochi (UNI): Washing its hands off in the controversy of 'ignoring' superstar Amitabh Bachchan at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) again this year, the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), an autonomous body under the Goa government said, the invitations for the opening and closing functions were handled by the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF).
Addressing a press conference after launching the official website of IFFI, ESG General Manager Nikhil Desai said the invitations were handled by the DFF, which was under the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry. Mr Bachchan was not invited either for the inaugural or closing ceremonies last year, he added.
Stating that there were thousands of accomplished actors, Mr Desai asked ''why single out any particular actor''. Besides, IFFI was an open festival and any Indian citizen could attend it, he added.
Popular actors of yesteryears Shashi Kapoor would be the Chief Guest at the IFFI this year.
Prabhu Deva, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Ritesh Deshmukh, Javed Akhtar and several other film luminaries would take part in the 'Gala Star Night', which would be a part of the opening day festivities, Mr Desai said.
Kolkata Film Festival to start tomorrow
Payal's role deleted from ASMM