TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Puri (UNI): Internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik from Orissa recreated Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan's image on sand at the golden sandy beach here on the actor's 64th birthday today. To mark his birthday, the artist as a symbolic gesture used 64 bags of sand to create the image of the mega star. It took almost four hours to complete the sand sculpture with the help of the students of his Golden Sand Art Institute.
Hundreds of tourists thronged the beach to have a glimpse of the unique sand art and wish Amitabh Bachchan on his birthday. Mr Pattnaik said he would send a photograph of his sculpture to Big B'. Last year in December, the sand artist also recreated a sand image of Amitabh Bachchan at Konark beach near Sun temple praying for his speedy recovery after the super star fell sick and was admitted to a hospital in Mumbai for treatment.
Don highest overseas print release
Residents of 2nd innings visit Cinemax