TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Vertu Aster P With Real Leather Announced; Price Starts From Rs. 3 Lakh
- Ever Heard Of Glamping? Visit These 7 Places In India For Luxury Camping!
- Essential Oil Remedies To Treat Lice
- Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: 5 Interesting Things You Don't Know About This Sultry Actress!
- 2018 Yamaha R15 V3 Review — Unmistakable Racing Pedigree Made Evident
- Praveen Kumar Retires From All Forms Of Cricket
- Postal Life Insurance; All You Need To Know
Thursday, September 28, 2006
After directing two films - Dil Vil Pyaar Vyaar and Dil Maange More, Ananth Mahadevan finally tasted success with Aksar that was tagged as the first hit of 2006. Post Aksar there were speculations that he would be making a sequel to the film. But Ananth confirmed that it's not a sequel but a series that he is planning. The next episode in the series was titled Agar starring Tusshar Kapoor and Shreyas Talpade.
Now the director is planning a trilogy series with Bajaj Brothers (Shyam Bajaj and Narendra Bajaj) as producers, who had also produced Aksar. While Agar happens to one episodes of the trilogy series, Ananth has confirmed the other two episodes as well - Anamika and Anjaam.
Anamika is the film he is starting first. Talking about the film that begins its principal shooting tomorrow in Bikaner, Ananth said, "Anamika is a suspense thriller. I have signed Dino Morea, Koena Mitra and Minissha Lamba for main roles. Aarti Chabria will be seen in guest appearance. She plays the title role of Anamika, who dies and the suspense begins." Clarifying on the film being an adaptation on the famous novel Rebecca, the director says, "Some characters from this movie have been inspired from Rebecca but not the whole plot. We have developed a new plot because its adaptation would not appeal to the Indian audience." Anamika will be his first movie to release after Aksar.
Post Anamika, he will start his other film Agar for which he has signed Tusshar Kapoor and Shreyas Talpade. "I am yet to zero in on the actresses. Anjaam will be the last film in the trilogy series".
Apart from this, his other film Aankh Micholiwhich was to star Fardeen, Aftab, Dia Mirza and Isha Sharvani in lead roles is currently on hold. "I am presently busy with these three movies. I will start that project once I finish these films," concludes the director.
Chandni Bar maker to start Gauri
Hyder Ali walks out of Deepa Ka Tarannum