TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Vikram Bhatt is not in the best of mood over the response to Ankahee at the box-office. In fact, a section of the industry is blaming the non-happening star cast of the film for the cold response. While Aftab's solo leads haven't worked in rapid succession [Suno Sasurjee, Muskaan, Shukriya, Koi Aap Sa] and Amisha and Esha no longer in the running, Ankahee was bound to go unnoticed, the soothsayers feel.
"Either the film works or it doesn't. Why blame the actors for it?" Vikram defends his choice of actors. Does he think a more bankable cast would've worked wonders? "See, no one forced me to sign these actors. It was my choice completely. And all three have delivered their best, so how can I hold them responsible if the film hasn't worked? Something has gone wrong somewhere, but it's not the casting," he adds.
Notwithstanding the cold response to Ankahee, there's no dearth of film offers for Vikram. Reportedly, he is in talks with T-Series for a film project that is expected to be a musical. "We are still talking," he states.