TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Friday, March 03, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): Former Miss World and India's most recognised international face, Aishwarya Rai, today expressed regret over missing the opportunity to meet US President George W Bush, but thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President A P J Abdul Kalam for inviting her for lunch and dinner hosted by the Indian leaders for the visiting dignitary.
Her business manager Harii Singh, who received the invite from the External Affairs Ministry yesterday, said here tonight that Rai was away in Brazil for a shoot and that she was extremely thankful to the PM and President for extending the invitation.
''Aishwarya Rai regrets missing this opportunity to meet Mr Bush and Mrs Laura Bush as she is not present in India,'' the manager said, adding he received the invite at around 1430 hrs yesterday, while the Bollywood star had boarded a flight for Brazil minutes earlier.
Singh said she was in Rio De Janeiro for the shooting of Dhoom-2 along with Hrithik Roshan, adding that Abhishek Bachchan would join them later.
Krrish release date preponed?
Ash misses lunch with Bush