TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
First it was Dil Vich Lagiya Ve and now it's the Ghoomar song from Himesh Reshammiya's soundtrack of UTV's Chup Chup Ke that's catching people's fancies. Kareena Kapoor and Neha Dhupia are actually involved in doing the traditional ghoomar, which is one of the most colorful and lively North-Indian dances from the state of Rajasthan. The ghoomar was integral to the culture of Jaipur royalty and the name has been derived from the Hindi word, ghoomna (pirouette), where resplendently dressed women move smoothly and gracefully in circles.
In Chup Chup Ke, interestingly, it was a south-Indian choreographer from Priyadarshan's camp, Prasanna, who got Kareena and Neha to do the North-Indian dance, the end of which is reportedly a turning point in the film. Kareena's outfit (see picture) for the song has been designed by the ace designer Manish Malhotra and costs a bomb. It seems Manish took great care in the detailing of Kareena's sari and is even said to have bought authentic antique silver accessories from the state of Rajasthan to embellish Kareena's outfit!