TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Friday, March 10, 2006
Vasundhara Das, off lately, is more heard than seen. The actress of films like Hey Ram, Monsoon Wedding and Film Star has been more on the singing scene than acting. Das will be seen as an Income Tax officer in her forthcoming movie Eik Dasttak.
Written and directed by debutante Shekhar S Jha, Eik Dasttak is about taxmen struggling with their unpleasant task and the price that they have to pay when they lock their horns in performance of their duties with high and mighty. The star cast includes Narendra Jha, Amit Behl, Murli Sharma, Shreya Narayan, Vineet Kumar and Yateen Karyekar. The main attraction of the movie, however, is actress Pankaja Thakur, who is a real life Deputy Commissioner of Customs and plays an income tax officer in the film.
When asked, Vasundhara Das denied that she has quit acting. Her forthcoming films include Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana where she will share screen with Rekha and Mahima Chaudhary. Her other film is Pathar Bejuban where she plays Kalpana Varma, a Superintendent of Police from a rural district in Agra.