TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Varanasi (UNI): The activists of a local NGO today staged a 'dharna' at Shastri Park here in support of actor Aamir Khan. Addressing the gathering, Vishal Bharat Sansthan (VBS) chairman Rajiv Srivastava said the forces protesting against the actor were ''fundamentalists''. ''Such forces want to supress the voice of those fighting for the cause of families affected by Sardar Sarovar Dam.'' He said if the trend continued, there would be more like Aamir to fight for the rights of families displaced by the Dam project.
The dharna titled 'Struggle for Truth' saw a large number of burqa clad women decry protests for Aamir in Gujarat. ''It is not the Gujarati people, who are against him, but the fundamentalist forces trying to strangle freedom of speech,'' Mr Srivastava added. The NGO has also written a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh, demanding an end to the practice of ''cultural terrorism'' reflected through such protests by party workers.
Son Owais postpones film on M F Hussain
Mobile Acting Academy