TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Taran Adarsh, IndiaFM
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
An exciting phase is about to begin. In the past, sequels to successful Hindi films [Nagina, Vaastav, Hyderabad Blues] didn't strike a chord with Indian moviegoers, but things might change beginning with Phir Hera Pheri [this week], followed by Krrish [June 23], Munnabhai 2nd Innings [August 25], Dhoom 2 [October 20] and Hanuman 2 [November]. In fact, the sequels have generated tremendous heat within and outside the industry and are expected to embark on an extra-ordinary start at the box-office.
Now expect more sequels in the future...
- Rakesh Roshan is toying with the idea of making the third instalment, after Koi... Mil Gaya and Krrish.
- Yash Raj has decided to continue with the Dhoom series.
- Sunny Deol is keen to make Betaab 2.
- Sajid Nadiadwala wants to continue with the Judwaa series.
- Firoz A. Nadiadwala and Vidhu Vinod Chopra are keen to keep the escapades of Baburao, Raju, Shyam [Hera Pheri] and Munnabhai, Circuit [Munnabhai M.B.B.S.] alive in public memory.
- Boney Kapoor is toying with the idea of making a sequel to No Entry.
Now, if industry talk is to be believed, a leading production house has decided to make a sequel to their immensely successful film of the early 1990s. However, none of the stars from the original film will be a part of the new venture. Await the official announcement!