TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Mumbai (UNI): UTV Motion Pictures will release Shah Rukh Khan starrer Don in record 325 screens across 28 countries making it the highest ever-print release for a Bollywood film in the overseas market. The film directed by Farhan Akhtar is slated for a Diwali release on October 20. UTV Motion Pictures, is distributing the movie in USA, UK, West Asia and South East Asia and other regions. The film will release across 325 screens in the overseas market, UTV's CEO Ronnie Screwvala told reporters here yesterday.
In keeping with UTV Motion Pictures' innovative marketing for Don there is an exclusive overseas tie-up with Citibank acros USA, UK, West Asia and South East Asia, wherein the bank is co-promoting its NRI product RCA (Rupee Checking Account) with the film. ''At UTV its been our constant endeavour to set milestones that become industry benchmarks. We opened the year with 'Rang De Basanti' with a record overall 650 print release, and we end the year with Don with a record Diwali release across 325 screens in the overseas market,'' Mr Screwvala said.
Don has been shot across Malaysia, France and India. With promos of the film already on air, the makers of the movie have already said that they are aware of the challenges ahead and constant comparisons to the original film in which Amitabh Bachchan played Don in 1978.
Director Farhan Akhtar, producer Ritesh Sidhwani, music composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy had said during the music release of the film two months ago that the plot of the film was the same, but the presentation of SRK's Don would be with some extra-ordinary stunts with technological advancements. ''We are fans of the original Don and this film is a tribute to it,'' the had said.
Residents of 2nd innings visit Cinemax
Pyaar Ke Side Effects releases on DVD